Primary and Preventative Care
Preventive Care is the basis of protecting and maintaining the lifelong health and well-being of your pet, as well as the best means to minimize his or her lifetime cost of care. Additionally, when you come in for an appointment you will receive important home healthcare recommendations for the care of your particular type and breed of pet. Below is a list of the preventive care services we provide.
- Adult and Senior Preventive Care Exams
- Pediatric Puppy and Kitten Exams
- Individualized Immunizations
- Senior Pet Medicine
- Nutritional Counseling / Weight Management
- Heartworm and Flea Prevention
- Adult Annual Bloodwork
- Senior Biannual Bloodwork
- Anal Gland Expression
- Toe Nail Trims/Grind
- Avian Exams
Advanced and Diagnostic Care
Should your pet become ill or injured, our skilled medical staff is supported by advanced diagnostic imaging equipment, in-house medical testing capabilities and a modern surgical suite.
- Digital Radiographs (X-rays)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- In-Clinic Diagnostic Laboratory
- Advanced Urinalysis Technology
- Parasite Screening
- In-House and Online Pharmacy
- Laser Therapy for Pain Control (Photobiomodulation)
- Canine Rehabilitation (See our "Canine Rehabilitation Center" page for a full list of services provided by our Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner)
- Access to Telemedicine Specialist
- Hospitalization and Pet Care Nursing
- Consulting Laboratory
Staffed by a team of highly trained veterinarians and experienced veterinary technicians, we are proud of the quality of surgical care we provide and the wide range of surgical procedures we offer. We perform pre-surgical exams on every patient. Anesthesia and cardiovascular monitoring are important, integral aspects of every surgery we perform. For this reason, your pet has access to the best and most advanced anesthetic administration and cardiovascular monitoring equipment and protocols. After the surgery is complete, your pet will be monitored by a Certified Veterinary Technician until he or she is fully awake and responsive. Post-operative care is provided by our highly skilled and dedicated team.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Abdominal Exploratory Surgery
- Ophthalmic Surgeries
- Oral Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Post-Operative Pain Management and Care
Bethany Animal Hospital is also very proud of the wellness services we are able to offer our clients that have exotic pets, such as; reptiles, birds, ferrets, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, rats and other small animals. These animals' healthcare needs are often quite unique and require a veterinary practice with the experience and expertise to ensure they live long, healthy and happy lives.
- Preventive Care Exams
- Spay and Neuter of Small Mammals
- Nail, Teeth, Wing and Beak Trims
- Tumor Removals
- Individualized Immunizations
- Dental Care
- Sick Visits
- Medical Management of Illnesses and Injury
We strive to provide the highest level of service to you and your pet in a warm, safe and inviting atmosphere.
Contact us at (815) 756-8925 or request an appointment here!